Thursday, November 10, 2016

My YouTube Channel (Shaun Roselt)

On the 8th of September in 2011 I created a personal YouTube channel. I started uploading videos about gaming, tutorials, skateboarding, vlogs and just random videos. By the time I reached grade 9 (2013) I had over 200 subscribers and videos with thousands of views. I was able to reach quite a big audience (in my eyes) and I really liked it. Some people in my school started watching my videos as well as some teachers. Eventually my principle started complaining about my videos and I was suspended several times due to videos. The principle said that my videos is giving the school a "bad name" and I was forced to remove all of my videos.

2015:
In 2015 I decided to try and give YouTube a chance again. I decided to make educational videos. So this was when I explored the possibility of creating gaming tutorial videos, but my computer was not good enough for this. I then decided to make Delphi programming videos and I published my first few videos on YouTube again about this.




2016:
This was an exciting year for 'Delphi Programming Helper' and my YouTube channel. I started uploading videos on a regular basis as well as update DPH. My Delphi programming videos became an important part of DPH. I created a whole playlist dedicated to teaching Delphi to absolute beginners and this playlist is now built into DPH.
'Delphi Programming' playlist is included inside the YouTube category on DPH.
'Delphi Programming' playlist is included inside the YouTube category on DPH.
Here you can see the entire 'Delphi Programming' playlist can be watched from inside DPH.
Here you can see the entire 'Delphi Programming' playlist can be watched from inside DPH.


I hope to have more than a hundred Delphi programming videos by the end of 2016.

2017:
In 2017 I would like to have a lot more videos and the videos should be more deeply integrated into DPH. I want to be writing my own Delphi book for beginners as well during 2017 and become a lot more involved in the Delphi community. I would also like to try and become a certified Delphi developer through Embarcadero. I think becoming certified will help when promoting my work.

I would also like to try and get my videos and app used by all IT students in South Africa because IT students in South Africa use Delphi as programming language and I think my videos will really be beneficial to them.



Thanks for reading. You're welcome to leave comments and give me feedback on my videos and even suggest new videos and I will try to make them.

No comments:

Post a Comment